• Nearly all of Kenya’s tribes boast a specific meal as their very own staple food.
• The ingredients used to prepare a dish are fresh, very cheap and easily used to make a quick meal.
• Common vegetables include kale, spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, beans, potatoes, avocados and other leafy greens.
• Beef and goat meat are the common meats served at mealtime.
• Tropical fruits such as mangoes, oranges, pineapples, bananas and pears are cheap, plentiful and popular.
• They are avid tea drinkers.
• Tusker, a Kenyan beer, is the relaxing beer of choice for most locals.
• Adventurous meat eaters can also indulge in safe wildlife game meat, such as crocodile and ostrich, served in specialized restaurants.
• Game meat is rarely eaten in Kenyan homes.